Saturday, May 28, 2011

Online book buying tip

Get on the email lists for Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble. They send occasionally notices for special sales and sometimes really great coupons. In what I usually dismiss as junk mail was a 50% off coupon for one item from Borders.com (RIP). I used it to buy a new $120 book for $60 (free shipping for people signed up for Borders Rewards) which would have been $76.75 used in the UO bookstore. When I sell that puppy back for $100, I'll make nearly enough to buy two more. (I had calculated this out to where I was going to be out $20 and was pleased...which is only proof that I'm doofus at math.) If you start looking for books as soon as the lists come out, you'll probably get some coinciding coupons in time for the next term.

No comments:

Post a Comment